Monday, January 23, 2012

CMYKParts order

Well, the CMYKParts.com order just showed up, so here's my unboxing, to show everyone what you're getting when you buy the refurb kit.

Here's the box! (French on the box, it ships from Quebec)

Here's what's inside. Well-packaged, packed in peanuts, all the delicate parts wrapped in bubblewrap.

After getting rid of all the peanuts, the goods.

And finally, here's the parts themselves (of the refurb kit) after unpacking. I opened one of the heads, and they are packed in a pretty cool container, suspending the head in the middle of the box.
Head rank numbers are both printed on the box with a label, as well as written on the sides of the head in sharpie.
Here's a close-up of the new capping station. There are some differences here, mainly the larger rubber gasket around each pad, and the metal grate inside to prevent swollen pads from pressing against the nozzles and siphoning all the ink from the tanks. (A most terrible occurrence I've heard from the signs101 forums)

A comparison with the old capping station. Notice the old pads do not have any sort of grate to keep the sponges down, and the rubber on the new ones looks much better.

Here's the two pumps compared. Notice my old pump is missing the metal bracket holding the hoses in place. I'm not sure if that was originally there or it's a new feature added in later pumps.
Also, the ink lines supplied with the new pump do not have connectors halfway through them, so there's better path for the ink to flow.
The head itself. This looks shiny and new!

The backside of the head. It has identical markings to the DX2s I pulled out of the printer, so I won't post any comparison pictures here.

Just to add, here's the bulk ink container. I got this mainly so that I can feed solvent through the system, and it seems like it's constructed pretty well. It's solid, looks like it won't leak (hopefully) and it has some nice features on it. The piercing area is rubber, and the door at the top even has a little ring to pop it off for filling!

See?













Overall I have confidence with this kit. All the parts are new and clean, which is very nice after dealing with everything being covered in copious amounts of ink on the printer.

Also, if anyone is wondering how I've been taking these photos...

1 comment:

  1. Do you still have a supplier for capping stations with gold mesh? I bought one from solventinkjet and it showed up with no mesh, and when I called the guy said that's all he has!
    Jason_Prnt.Press

    ReplyDelete